[ECOS] redboot autodetect flash device ?

Manfred Gruber gruber.m@utanet.at
Fri Jun 24 14:40:00 GMT 2005

Am Freitag, 24. Juni 2005 16:26 schrieb Bart Veer:

>     Manfred> I use redboot v2.0, is there any newer code for detecting
>     Manfred> the flash device?
>
>     Manfred> I want to detect several AMD flash chips. It is enough
>     Manfred> for me if only the size will be detected, because i want
>     Manfred> to use same types, with different size. The flash chips
>     Manfred> will also be placed in the same way on my hardware.
>
>     Manfred> Maybe there is some code or information for me in newer
>     Manfred> cvs? versions ?
>
> Not in the trunk, but in the flash_v2 branch there is a new AMD driver
> which supports CFI. Hence it can adapt at run-time to any
> AMD-compatible flash device.
>
> Bart

hi !

ok thanks, i will try to switch to cvs version.
eric: thanks also for the point about u-boot.
i will look what is easer for me to switch :-)

what is then the best and correct way to give the start-addresse and size to
the linux kernel, to start up physmap_configure() ? a command line, ATAG? or
what, i don't know?
now i have enabled redboot partition parsing which works wonderfull... i have
6 partions on my flash which i don't want to do over commandline, so redboot
partition parsing would be fine :-)

thanks regards  manfred