[ECOS] Help !!

John Carter john.carter@tait.co.nz
Thu Jun 16 20:17:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Annamalai Prakash  K. (Tata Elxsi ) wrote:

> 	1. Is there any way to fi want to know, How much RAM space consumed by my
> ecos + application ?..

arm-elf-size, although arm-elf-objdump --syms gives you more details where
it went.

> I have choosen very basic io functionalities like serial port and flash
> support.(removed networking packages) ... my application is thread program.
> (twothread.c - thread example program comes along with ecos).  I would like
> to test this application in an enviroment where i have only 256KB of RAM .

Mostly dosn't matter as the linker gc drops things you don't use.

>         2.  is it possible to simulate the above sincerio in my existing
> environment ?.. what are the changes, should i do ?.. Could any provide my
> suggestion ....

Yes, fiddle the memory map (.mlt) file, if the lib/target.ld is right, the
linker will whinge if you exceed the ram requirements.

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : john.carter@tait.co.nz
New Zealand

Carter's Clarification of Murphy's Law.