[ECOS] Run Time Loader (without RedBoot)

Guilly A guilly_work@hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 14:12:00 GMT 2005

Hi,
I'm moving from pSos to eCos. There was a very usefull feature in pSos that
I can't find in eCos, which is the run time loader.
In know that RedBoot can load images from flash to it's RAM location, but I
don't want to use RedBoot, and I need to load a relocatable image, i.e. a
location-independent image.
Actually, my system is composed of 2 parts :
- 1rst part, the "Bios", wich includes eCos and some drivers to the hardware
of our card
- 2nd part, the "Application", wich make use of the bios to access the
hardware features.
I want first to run the Bios, initialize my hardware, then load the
application in RAM to be executed.
But I would like to be able to load this application anywhere int the RAM,
where there is some place left actually, which is not know at link time of
the application. I want to keep the Application as much independent as
possible of the Bios version.
I'm sure somebody has already encoutered this problem, but I did not find
any post about it, and I run out of keyword to get some help through Google.
Thank you for your help
Guilly