[ECOS] E7T ROMRAM startup anyone? Alternatives?

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Wed Jun 15 19:48:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 19:39 +0000, Ali Sina wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> another E7T question -
> has anyone succeeded at implementing a ROMRAM startup for the ARM E7T?
>
> Or what other options are there for having an app. stored in ROM (see my
>
> Can I somehow use Redboot "mcopy" in an automated way (i.e. upon startup) to
> copy it from ROM to RAM and start it from RAM? (assuming the app was
> compiled to run from RAM, of course)
>
> Any other ideas of how to achieve ROMRAM type of behavior?

ROMRAM startup mode is really only for *the* monitor program, e.g.
RedBoot.  It's purpose is to take a program which has to run from
FLASH/ROM from the start (e.g. the system initialization code) and
allow it to run from RAM after some suitable minimal setup.

RedBoot has FIS (FLASH Image System) which can store images.  These
can be programs or data.  You simply put your RAM program into a
FIS image then load and execute it at boot time.

Sadly, I think the E7T has such little FLASH &/or RAM that these
features are normally left turned off.