[ECOS] cyg_user_start fails to start

Harshit Suri h.r.suri@gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 08:38:00 GMT 2005

In the attached C Code file I am creating two threads one that
reads a chunk of serial data from port serial B.
The other thread writes a part of the received data
back to serial B.
The board is based on at91eb40a and has 1MegaByte of external SRAM.
Weve changed our memory layout files to accomodate.
also i have increased the buffer size for port B in the
configtool in the serial driver section to 32KBytes
Read buffer is allocated thus in C code:
char readBuffer[1600]={'c'};
Code works perfectly in RAM startup mode, for both small and
large readBuffer allocation
Code works perfectly in RAMROM startup mode also ONLY IF
readBuffer is given a small enough size eg.
char readBuffer[1600]={'c'};

Problem1: Code *fails* in ROMRAM startup mode if you assign
a large readBuffer eg. :
char readBuffer[8192]={'c'};

Problem/Symptom2: The cyg_user_start is supposed to blink
the LEDs twice when it is entered. It does not blink if i
increase the readBuffer size from 1600 to 8192.
This leads me to believe that when the readBuffer size is large ecos
does not even initialize correctly. Im *guessing* that its
happening during hal or kernel initializations when memory is
being allocated for the line of code
char readBuffer[8192]={'c'};
Kindly advise.
Thanks