[ECOS] Redboot from DiskOnChip trouble

Rob van der Ouderaa rouderaa@xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 23 21:03:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am having trouble to get the RedBoot loader to work
from DiskOnChip. On my i386 target, a TS-5300, I dumped
the redboot.bin file into the b: diskonchip device.
After rebooting the target on the b: device I get the dots
from redboot but after that the target does not show a 'Redboot>' prompt.

I also tried the DiskOnChip patch on the v2_0 version of Ecos.
CYG_HAL_STARTUP_DISK was set, no joy either, same result.

I need DiskOnChip startup since there is no floppy device on my target.
Is there a way to debug the redboot program in this early booting stage ?

Regards,
  Rob van der Ouderaa