[ECOS] insight can't connect to the redboot

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Mon Feb 28 10:13:00 GMT 2005

"twomol" <twomol@126.com> writes:

> Nick Garnett,hello!
>

> ======= 2005-02-24 18:36:11 wrote:=======
>
> >"twomol" <twomol@126.com> writes:
> >
> >> all,hello
> >>       I use insight to connect to the target(ARMS3C44B0) running redboot by serial . After setting the  connection parameters and clicking OK button, Insight hangs . But if I use terminal to connect to the redboot ,I type some words like "$g#67 ", it response words like "$G123456789abcdef0...#xx ". Dose this means that  the connection with stub is right?
> >> How can I check out what's the problem?
> >>        Thanks  in advance!
> >
> >That output looks correct for a functioning GDB stub. Instead of using
> >Insight, try using command-line GDB instead, you are more likely to
> >see any error messages. You could also try turning on logging:
> >
> >(gdb) set remotelogfile /dev/tty
> >(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyXX
>
> Thank you very much !
> I'm sorry I use cygwin. Does this also work on Cygwin?
> I do that similarly
> (gdb) set remotelogfile ~/stablog
> (gdb) target remote com1

Have you set the baud rate correctly? Do something like:

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts