[ECOS] FreeBSD TCP/IP stack and sysctl

Doyle, Patrick WPD@dtccom.com
Wed Feb 23 13:57:00 GMT 2005

Can anybody point me at an example of using the 'sysctl()' API of the
FreeBSD stack to adjust TCP parameters?  Specifically, I would like to
shorten the retransmit timeout and lengthen the ACK timeout.  (This is on a
dedicated PPP link between two devices).  I poked around a little bit and
see that I can change the retransmit timeout -- I haven't looked for how to
change the ACK timeout (if it is even possible).  I just don't know where to
start with the 'sysctl()' function, having never used it before.  If worse
comes to worse, I'll just change the variable manually outside of the
sysctl() mechanism, but I figured I would start by at least pretending to
follow the rules :-)

All pointers will be gratefully accepted...

--wpd

Patrick Doyle
DSP Design Engineer
(603) 546-2179

This communication is from DTC Communications, Inc. and is intended to be
confidential and solely for the use of the persons or entities addressed
above.  If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that the information
contained herein may be protected from unauthorized use by privilege or law,
and any copying, distribution, disclosure, or other use of this information
is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the sender by return e-mail or telephone the above number
immediately and delete or destroy all copies.  Thank you for your
cooperation.