[ECOS] usage of *.ecm files ?

Armin Steinhoff A-Steinhoff@web.de
Wed Feb 9 14:22:00 GMT 2005

Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com> schrieb am 09.02.2005 13:39:04:

> Documentation on GRUB startup is here:
>
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/setup-i386-pc.html

OK, I tried it ... but the test executables have the wrong format for the Linux version of GRUB.
I simply can't boot with it ...

> Use the .ecm file if you want to build a GRUB version of RedBoot.

Hm .. how can I use it ... is there a tool ?

> Select GRUB startup in the configtool if you want to build a
> stand-alone eCos application.

'stand-alone application' means it is an image which is build by linking the kernel with an application  together ?
Is it not possible to build a 'stand-alone' kernel running with a shell?

Regards

Armin

PS.:  I'm trying to port our CAN implementations and other stuff from QNX6 to eCos :)
http://www.steinhoff-automation.com