[ECOS] Redboot Ethernet with AC101L PHY

Andrew McKay amckay@iders.ca
Tue Feb 1 19:23:00 GMT 2005

Hello Everyone,

I working on getting RedBoot up and running on a EP9301/EP9302.  I have
the EDB9302 development kit from Cirrus Logic, and have successfully
loaded RedBoot on it.  However we have designed our own board and seem
to be having difficulties with the ethernet in RedBoot.  The only
difference between our board and the development kit is that we used a
AC101L external Phy from Altima (Broadcom), and the development kit uses
a CS8952 external Phy from Cirrius Logic.  I  have been through the
ethernet driver for the EP93XX family and I don't see any changes
required in the code to use the AC101L Phy.

Currently the board only negotiates a link with some hubs, not all.
Even after negotiating a link with a hub, the communications over
ethernet is painfully slow, and eventually just dies.

I was wondering if anyone has some experience using this Phy with the
EP93xx family or any other ARM based system?   Did you have to make any
changes to the driver to use a different Phy.

We are currently chasing any hardware problems with the board that we
can find.

Thanks for your help,

Andrew McKay
Iders Incorporated