[ECOS] error in hal_thread_load_context

Lars Herzfeld LarsHerzfeld@gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 11:36:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I want to use eCos on an IBM eval Board with a ppc405ep powerpc processor. So
I started to change the eCos database and implemented the files which I need
in my thought. At the moment I want to initialize the board and start the
helloworld application. I want to initialize the board in single step modus
with a debugger. Bur in the following part of
FUNC_START(hal_thread_load_context) the debugger enters the exception mode
between the steps from 2b888 to 2b88c.

      lwz     r3,CYGARC_PPCREG_MSR(sp)       # merge interrupt state
   2b87c:	80 61 00 90 	lwz	r3,144(r1)
        hal_cpu_int_merge r3
   2b880:	7c 00 00 a6 	mfmsr	r0
   2b884:	50 60 04 20 	rlwimi	r0,r3,0,16,16
   2b888:	7c 00 04 ac 	sync
   2b88c:	7c 00 01 24 	mtmsr	r0
   2b890:	7c 00 04 ac 	sync

If I change r0 manually the debugger goes through without an error. At the
moment I do not know which file I have to change so that I can normally go on
with initializing my board.
Thanks for your helping. If there is anything you want to know please write to
LarsHerzfeld@gmx.de

Lars
--
Lars Herzfeld