[ECOS] How program the Chip Slect on at91?

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco@ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 3 09:24:00 GMT 2005

> From: Jaws
>
>     I'm trying to use an EB40A connected with an ethernet Chip CS8900A.
> To interfacing them I'm using EBI expansion Bus and I connected
> the CS8900A chip select to NCS1.
> I have to program this chip select to remap my device to the address
> 0xf0000300.
> How can I do this? What changes and where is the best place to insert this
> changes?

By the way, the chip selects can only be programmed to multiples of one
megabyte, e.g., 0xF0000000. If you don't mind your device mirrored
throughout a one megabyte range (i.e., 0xF0000000 to 0xF00FFFFF), then
you're all set. If you need finer granularity, to prevent it from responding
to other addresses in the range, your hardware has to decode the lower order
address lines directly.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco