[ECOS] ECOS/Redboot -- Several Questions

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Thu Apr 28 23:09:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 12:06 -0700, Michael Dorin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an 860T based board and am trying to convert
> the MBX templete.  However a couple differences:
>
> * My board has CS0 tied to address 0.  I believe the
> wants to boot from 0xfe000000.  I don't have ram
> at 0.  I have changed the ram.ldi and rom.ldi files
> in the pkgconf directory.  I have changed the
> lib/target.ld files.
>
> I can't seem to get a good link though.
>
> Where might I be missing something?
>
> Second question...
> Is it bad that 0 is my flash address?

Yup - poor choice.  You have total control over this during the
machine initialization, so it's much better to map the FLASH (CS0)
up high, e.g. 0xFE000000, and put the RAM (typically CS1) at 0x0.

Also, use the viper as a better template for 860T starting point.