[ECOS] Re: Operator new fails for Coldfire MCF5282

John Dallaway jld@ecoscentric.com
Tue Apr 26 09:10:00 GMT 2005

Hi Uwe

Uwe Kindler wrote:

> I have got the eCosPro 2.0.10 starterkit for SSV DNP/5280 with Coldfire
> MCF5282. I installed Cygwin with m68k-elf toolchain and eCos from the
> starter kit CD. I buildet the eCos library and ran some tests without
> any problems. Then I coded a simple eCos C++ application with dynamic
> object creation with operator new. As soon as the new operator is
> called, the debugger receives a SIGTRAP. In order to check C++ support
>  I buildet and executed the cxxsupp test - the same problem occured.
> Then I single stepped the operator new in cxxsupp an gdb displayed
> the follwing assembler instructions in assembly view:

[ snip ]

> Does someone know what is going wrong here? Did eCosCentric
> sucessfully tested the C++ support with cxxsupp for MCF5282?

For avoidance of doubt, all eCosPro Starter Kits are fully tested in
the eCosCentric automated test farm (including cxxsupp). eCosCentric
offers a number of support packages and I will follow up with you off-list.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited