[ECOS] linker script problem

GONZALEZ Laurent laurent.gonzalez@trango-systems.com
Fri Apr 22 12:17:00 GMT 2005

alexander,

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:04:01 +0200
"Neundorf, Alexander" <Alexander.Neundorf@jenoptik.com> wrote:

> Hi Laurent,
>
> > Von: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
> > [mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org]Im Auftrag von GONZALEZ
> > Laurent
> > > This is what the list file says:
> > >
> > > -----%<---------------------------------------------------
> > > testapp:     file format elf32-littlearm
> > > testapp
> > > architecture: arm, flags 0x00000112:
> > > EXEC_P, HAS_SYMS, D_PAGED
> > > start address 0x00020040

> > >  17 .ram2         020000fa  04000000  04000000  00040000  2**0
> > >                   CONTENTS, ALLOC, LOAD, DATA
> > > 040000fa g     O .ram2	02000000 RealBigBuffer
> > > 04000000 g     O .ram2	000000fa Buffer
> >
> > I'am afraid that .ram2 section is loadable.
> >
> > My guess is that your .ram2 section also contains an
> > initialized variable (Buffer?), thus the whole section is
> > tagged "CONTENTS, ALLOC, LOAD, DATA" like another .data section.
>
> Initialized in which way ?
> Could you please explain a bit more ?

Buffer might have been initialized in your C code by a statement like:
char Buffer[0xfa] = "Hallo welt\n";

However, the most important thing is that the .ram2 section has wrong attributes despite the presence of (NOLOAD) type specifier ! I only suggested that it could comes from some initialized data.

What does your target.ld file looks like ? Are you sure that it is properly generated, or that you really use the good one when your application links ?

--
GONZALEZ Laurent
Real-Time OS Team Leader