[ECOS] variable length automatic arrays.

Billy billy@dadadada.net
Sun Apr 17 15:36:00 GMT 2005

Short question:

Does eCos allocate dynamically sized arrays?

Longer version:

I'm worried about dynamic arrays under arm-elf-gcc 3.3.4.

Looks like our application code, at least, is being adversely
affected by this bug:

"gcc-3.3: Miscompiles automatic dynamic arrays"
http://lists.debian.org/debian-gcc/2004/07/msg00135.html

So we're going through our app hunting these down.  Upgrading
the compiler to 3.4 might fix it, but new parser fussiness
appears to be making that a more painful option than bughunting.

Does eCos code rely on this gcc feature?  Do we have
to audit eCos code for varlength automatic arrays
or just our app code?