[ECOS] Help with linux on PC moboard using redboot

SSG sg21@QSolv-inc.com
Thu Apr 14 10:31:00 GMT 2005

Hi Khurram,
No I actually need to boot off a local harddisk. I have an
application which required that I do some integrity check
on the disk before I boot linux that is why I am using
redboot, so that I can write an ecos application that will
do the integrity check and then I can load linux as usual.
I am able to load the vmlinuz kernel with
redboot> load -r -b %{FREELOMEM} -m disk hda1:vmlinuz
This throws a lot of multi coloured garbage on the screen,
perhaps I loaded the image into the video mem area. Then
if I attempt to execute this the PC simply reboots.

Thanks.
Shyam.