[ECOS] Help with linux on PC moboard using redboot

SSG sg21@QSolv-inc.com
Wed Apr 13 23:54:00 GMT 2005

Hello Everyone:
Here is my environment : PC motherboard, redboot, linux
kernel residing on an attached harddrive.

I know this is a very trivial and basic configuration but
I simply could not find any information regarding loading
and running Linux on a PC.
This would be ideally used in a PC based appliance design.

Similar questions have been posted many times here but I
could not find any specific details. If I get enough
information I am certainly going to write a HOWTO on this.

My fingers are going numb serching thru the archives.
Anyway, if anyone has any information I'll greatly
appreciate it.
Thanks,
Shyam.