[ECOS] Re: POSIX package for eCos 1.3.1

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Fri Apr 8 18:34:00 GMT 2005

Yuan Yu wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, Jonathan.  Our application is developed on eCos
> 1.3.1.  It would be too big an effort to upgrade it to eCos 2.0 for near
> term, which will involve other development groups.  Do you know whether
> POSIX package is available for eCos 1.3.1?

No, there were too many other changes required in other packages to
support it, particularly the kernel package, most of the C library, and
the addition of the fileio package.

I am fairly confident that irrespective of your groups and dependencies on
eCos 1.3.1, it would take far longer to try and backport to 1.3.1 than
just move to 2.0.

Jifl