[ECOS] synthetic target serial support

Nelly Pison Nelly.Pison@elios-informatique.fr
Tue Apr 5 08:39:00 GMT 2005

Thanks

I have now a host side installed and I have made a simple test program
hello that  open and print characters on the port /dev/ser0 witch is
mapped on /dev/ttyS0.

When I start the program: hello --io
it seems to works well but I don't receive any characters from the com
port corresponding to /dev/ttyS0 and connected to another PC with an
hyterminal.
I verify that the physical link is OK by writing  a simple program on
linux: it works, I see the characters on the hyperterminal.
With hello --io the following message is written on the console :
"Connecting serial device /dev/ser0 to /dev/ttyS0"
This message is printed by the serial host side serial.tcl. I add other
puts in the tcl for all request the shell can execute.
So on the console I see request for:
SYNTH_SERIAL_GETPARAMS
SYNTH_SERIAL_CONFIG

but no request to send characters