[ECOS] i386 boot problem

Goncalo Antunes gmma@gmma.net
Mon Apr 4 13:49:00 GMT 2005

hi!

I'm working on a simple eCos application that will run on a standard i386
pc.
I configured the eCos installation with the "i386PC target" template and
built it.

I wrote a simple hello world program, compiled it ok and then make the

i386-elf-objcopy -O binary hello hello.bin

and then:

dd conv=sync if=hello.bin of=/dev/fd0

for it to run booting from the floppy disk...

but there is error when booting from the disk....:

"Error 13: Invalid or unsuportted executable format".

I formatted the floppy with the fdformat command before I used it...

Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.

Goncalo Antunes.
gmma@gmma.net