[ECOS] Lexar 4189 support

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Tue Sep 28 10:27:00 GMT 2004

Bhaskar <vbhaskar@rocsys.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> Sorry.  It was a typing mistake.  But a good sense of humor.  I tried to
> find information about lexra 4189,  but I could not find anything.  If I
> follow the basic MIPS 32  HAL and modify it,  I think that should be
> ok.
>
> Can somebody give some pointers of how to go about it?

The MIPS architecture HAL doesn't use the missing instructions, so you
should be able to use that as it stands. I don't know what version of
the architecture the Lexra device uses, but you should be able to use
the current compiler with a -mips2 or -mips3 flag. I seem to recall we
have compiled in the past for devices which are missing those
same instructions with no problems.

As for the rest, take a look at the porting guide:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-porting-guide.html