[ECOS] Re: reboot and ecos basic questions

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Mon Sep 27 15:25:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 07:25:35AM -0500, Robert V wrote:

> I am new to ecos and have just installed the ecos-2.0
> distribution on my fedora core system. One question I have is
> about the redboot monitor. If you are using gdb and your
> target supports hardware debug through a something like a bdm
> port on a Freescale Coldfire-based device, why would you need
> Reboot?

You might not 'need' redboot.  If you've got some other way to
load programs into RAM and/or flash ROM and do debugging, then
you could get by without it.  Redboot is an awfully handy way
to be able to do things like update flash through a serial
port.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com