[ECOS] reboot and ecos basic questions

Robert V bobv@austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 27 14:34:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I am new to ecos and have just installed the ecos-2.0
distribution on my fedora core system. One question I have is about the
redboot monitor. If you are using  gdb and your target supports hardware
debug through a something like a bdm port on a Freescale Coldfire-based
device, why would you need Reboot?

Also, I am looking for some direction on how to manage updating my ecos
installation with the latest updates in revision control ( i.e. CVS ).
Can someone point me to docs on how to do this?
For example, is there are 'working' release of ecos that eventually will
be eco-2.1, rendering ecos-2.0 frozen?

Thanks,
Bob