[ECOS] Optimising Standard Serial Driver

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Mon Sep 27 08:43:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 03:46:52PM +1000, Andy Atkinson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having some problems with buffer overruns when using the 'standard'
> eCos low-level serial driver at 115200 baud. I have seen from earlier
> discussions that the design of this driver does not cope with a heavy
> workload - what is the best way to optimise this driver for coping with
> many devices and/or high baud rates.

By 'starndard' do you mean haldiag? The serial driver which is build
into the HAL? That serial driver is not designed for high
performance. The interrupt driver onces are a lot faster and place
less load on the system. Try enabling CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES and
then use /dev/tty0.

        Andrew