[ECOS] Why is the DCACHE and ICACHE enabled twice?

Krishna Ganugapati krishnag@marakicorp.com
Sat Sep 25 14:07:00 GMT 2004

Hello, can someone explain why the IXDP425 dcache and icache are enabled
twice -

the first time in

/usr/src/ecos/packages/hal/arm/xscale/ixdp425/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h

and the second time

/usr/src/ecos/packages/arm/xscale/ixp425/current/src/ixp425_misc.c ->
hal_hardware_init

I find the following:

1) If I disable my dcache (in both places) works fine except when I try to
initialize my strataflash

2) If I enable them, then I crash in hal_hardware_init - the second time I
try to enable the dcache. I've disabled the second one and still see the
same result...

Any thoughts and if not, can someone explain to me why we have code in both
places at initialization time,

Thanks

Krishna