[ECOS] GDB connect via UART failed

dpalmer@tootbee.com dpalmer@tootbee.com
Fri Sep 24 04:00:00 GMT 2004

Redboot communicates via the UART but GDB does not?  It
could be either one of two things:

1) Problem with Redboot build.
2) Problem with Host machine.

Most likely it will be 2.  What Host machine are you using
to communicate to the target?  Are you using Cygwin?

First I would make sure that the serial device you are
using is correct. If you are using CygWin it could be that
the serial device has a different name, like /dev/com1.
 If you are using Insight 6.1, the default COMX in its
menu might not refer to the correct serial device and it
might give you some IOCTL error.

Second I would make sure that you are using the correct
communication settings.

Darryl Palmer