[ECOS] PC VMware target broken

Iztok Zupet iz@elsis.si
Fri Sep 17 16:21:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 15:37, Jani Monoses wrote:
> In redboot
>
> revision 1.10
> date: 2004/05/27 06:37:45;  author: jlarmour;  state: Exp;  lines: +14 -11
>     * src/fs/ide.c: make sure IDE_STAT_BSY is 0 before checking other
>     bits in the status register
>

> It loops until timeout.
> Might be this change. I know that I had the same delay when using the
> i386 target with redboot and ide and changed the qemu sources.
> But now that it could be the same thing with vmware maybe it's an ecos bug?

Yes. It waits for 30 seconds for each IDE channel. But if You install a
disk in VMware virtual machine it complains about IDE reset command with
a "not implemented feature"...

But funny, it seems that IDE init is still called in RedBoot if one
disables the "Allow RedBoot to support disks" configuration option.

Iztok