[ECOS] Re: Problems in building Redboot with ROM File System

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Thu Sep 16 14:55:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 08:50, Manoj Abraham wrote:
> I am able to boot the board and got Redboot prompt. Now I want to
> implement the Flash File System. I built a romfs image using
> mkfs.exe(in fs dir).In mkfs docs they have mentioned about setting
> a ROM BASE ADD in config tool.So I included ROMFS in Redboot and
> other pkgs for removing the conflicts. I need a ROM FS becoz my
> board is having 32MB. I want to use a file system for this area.
> Is it make a problem while adding the ROMFS pkg along with
> Redboot?Or can you suggest me the right method for this?

Use RedBoot's Flash Image System.  This lets you manipulate the FLASH
(ROM) space from the RedBoot command line. FIS images can contain
anything, including file systems.  You can then write your eCos
application to access the file system (ROMFS or JFFS2) from the
FLASH.

RedBoot should *not* be build with ROMFS included.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates