[ECOS] Laoding Filesystem to the target

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Thu Sep 16 09:30:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 05:11:52PM +0800, Manoj Abraham wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Thanks in advnce. Can anyone help me in loading the filesystem? My
> flash is working fine and i loaded the redboot.bin and I got
> Redbboot prompt. Now I want to load the file system into the Flash.I
> have 32MB ROM and 128MB RAM on Board.I loaded the Redboot img to ROM
> at 0xFE000000. I have created one romfs.img from ROM
> directory. Where should i load this image?

You should think of eCos as a set of tools in a toolbox. How you
configure and use them is up to you and your target hardware.

For the ROMFS there are a number of locations the romfs can be in. The
fileio1 test actually puts the filesystem inside the test image, not
in ROM. You could do the same for your application if you want. Or you
can put it into flash if you want. Where is up to you. When you mount
the filesystem you just need to pass the address. Redboot can be used
to put the filesystem image into flash. Just use the same procedure
you used for installing the redboot rom image, ie load it into RAM and
then write it to flash.

        Andrew