[ECOS] Introducing a cmake based build system for ecos

Alexander Neundorf neundorf@kde.org
Mon Sep 13 21:24:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

are you also tired of having to write Makefiles for ecos ? Do you also think
manually writing Makefiles sucks ? Are you also scared of the GNU autotools
and friends ?
Then maybe I'll have something for you. I'd like to introduce a cmake
(http://www.cmake.org )-based build system for ecos, which frees you from the
burden of writing Makefiles:
http://www.neundorf.net/cmake/using_ecos_with_cmake.php
There you'll find a first description and a tarball containing two example
projects: http://www.neundorf.net/cmake/using_ecos_with_cmake.tar.bz2
(or for direct browsing: http://www.neundorf.net/cmake/firmware/ )

It offers the following features:
-automatic Makefile creation
-easy syntax
-handles ecos dependancies
-works both under Linux and Windows/cygwin
-build ecos applications for multiple targets (synth, arm-elf, powerpc)
-build ecos applications in various variants, e.g. a debug and a release
version
-automatically create the ELF file, the binary and the srec file

Let me know if you like it, if you have suggestions, problems, etc.

Bye
Alex
--
Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de