[ECOS] support for Diffserv

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Fri Sep 3 15:27:00 GMT 2004

Paul Randall <prandall@delta-info.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Are there any plans for adding the IETF diffserv protocol to the IP
> stack in eCos?  I did see that the Linux kernel 2.4 can be configured
> for diffserv support, but I did a search of the ecos-discuss mailing
> list and couldn't find any reference to it.

Diffserv was not part of the FreeBSD sourcebase we used for the
current eCos TCP/IP stack. There is support present in the current
FreeBSD source repository and if we ever upgrade the stack then the
option to add diffserv would be available. However, there are
currently no plans to do that since it would destabilize the network
support and would probably increase its size considerably.