[ECOS] clock_settime() help

sandeep shimple0@yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 10:00:00 GMT 2004

Sam Pham wrote:

>>clock to the current time.  At first, I called
>>clock_settime() inside my ISR, and then outside of
>>this ISR, I called clock_gettime() to verify if the
>>current time was set.  I noticed that sometimes
>>clock_settime() failed because clock_gettime()
>>returned a non-current time value.  So I decided to
>>call clock_settime() in a thread with all interrupts
>>disabled by calling function
>>cyg_interrupt_disable().
>>However, I still observed the same failure as
>>before.

some very dumb questions -

- what do you mean by that clock_settime failed??
- when you say "clock_gettime()returned a non-current time value", you mean it
returned a value lesser or more than current time?
- how do you find current time? is your order
   clock_gettime
   get current time
   compare them
OR
   get current time
   clock_gettime
   compare them

- if above are your steps, have you tried doing these under disabled interrupts
and found same results? i am not talking of clock_settime with disabled
interrupts, here.

sandeep