[ECOS] Saving application state

Robin Randhawa robin_singh@gmx.net
Wed Oct 27 10:06:00 GMT 2004

Hi.

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 01:08 +0000, Ruchika Singh wrote:

> I am interested in saving the state of an application(mutithreaded) , so that
> it can be started at a later time from a point where its state was last saved.

Are you trying to suspend/hibernate a system running eCos ? Or are you
trying to put some application threads to sleep pending some event ? The
more detail the better.

> Also I am confused where exactly are global variables of application stored
> and how do store heap .

Uninitialised global or static variables are placed in the .bss section
of the executable image. Initialised global variables end up in the
relevant data section (.rodata or .data).

In eCos, the linker scripts specify that the heap should lie towards the
end of available data memory.

Cheers,
Robin