[ECOS] PowerPC application stack corrupted when started with RedBoot

Dragos Carp dragos.carp@toptica.com
Thu Oct 7 14:15:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm having a problem starting an application from RedBoot on a Phytec
MPC555.
When I load it with gdb everything is fine, but if I load it from
RedBoot then, after a couple of seconds, the stack gets corrupted. I
checked VSR and VVT, they are the same in both situations. The same
happens if I let RedBoot run in the debugger, and then I download
application (not loaded from flash). It appears that if previously
Redboot run, then the application crashes, in all other situations
everything runs as expected.
Any hints will be appreciated. IÂ’m using latest version of eCos from cvs
repository.

Thanks,

Dragos Carp