[ECOS] DHCP problem in application image

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Wed Oct 6 08:40:00 GMT 2004

> But under what conditions could a DHCP server send out a DHCP OFFER and then
> not respond to the subsequent DHCP REQUEST with a DHCP ACK? That's what
> we'll have to investigate.

The dhcp server could have a bug in it, or the DHCP request might not
be fully correct. Take a look at the RFC which defines these messages.

> About the current DHCP server on the LAN, I guess they've configured some
> Win 2000 machine to act as a DHCP server, so I'll have to figure out how to
> debug that. Or maybe I can run my test on a separate LAN with my own DHCP
> server.

Using a seperate test network is recommended. Having two DHCP servers
on the same network giving out different IP subnets is going to cause
trouble with your gateway unless it has been correctly configured for
this.

        Andrew