[ECOS] Stall in Ethernet Stack

Andrew M. Hoerter amh@POBOX.COM
Tue Oct 5 13:41:00 GMT 2004

On Oct 5, 2004, at 5:40 AM, Richard Rauch wrote:

> we have a problem with the Ethernet Stack (FreeBSD).
> We have heavy communication load on Ethernet. After a while the stack
> hangs.
> It looks like, that events inside the stack are lost.
> We changed some default values from the stack configuration, because
> we need
> some more sockets (about 30).

I've seen similar problems as well.  I can't say what the actual cause
is, but the following changes more or less resolved this problem for
me:

- increased number of open files (somewhere in the POSIX fileio package
I believe)
- increased number of open sockets
- increased size of mbuf arena by a few hundred K
- upgraded to latest eCos code from CVS (from 2.0 in my case)

Sorry I can't offer a more precise solution, but maybe this will help.