[ECOS] EB40A (AT91) serial port oddness

Tom Lynn tom.lynn@hypertag.com
Fri Oct 1 17:10:00 GMT 2004

Nick Garnett wrote:

>It is possible that the Python code is emitting the characters more
>slowly that the AT91's serial hardware. With the PDC it should be
>sending the characters out at close to line speed.

Should I be using
ecos\packages\devs\serial\arm\at91\current\src\at91_serial.c or
something else, such as
http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2002-04/txt00000.txt ?

>Tom Lynn <tom.lynn@hypertag.com> writes:
>

>>I'd still be interested to know how you turn off the debug output too,
>>since I suspect I'll have more serial port diagnosis in the near
>>future.  My suspicion is that so few people want to turn it off that
>>turning it off no longer works.
>>

>I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here. If you don't call
>diag_printf() then there will be no traffic on the debug serial
>line. You can then use it for any purpose you want.

I'd just like the security of some macros intended to mean "ecos will
definitely not be doing anything with this serial port".  For instance,
I've disabled CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91_SERIAL0 and it doesn't seem to
have made any difference.

Tom

--
Tom Lynn, Software Engineer, Hypertag Ltd.
William Gates Building, JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 0FD

Tel: 01223 763710   Fax: 08714 335288   Web: www.hypertag.com