[ECOS] Re: Building configtools for Fedora Core (FC3)

Daniel Gomes danielcgomes@yahoo.com.br
Tue Nov 30 22:59:00 GMT 2004

Ok, John, I'm trying to build it with a Debian Woody
RC3.

Problems found so far, may help some guys like me out
there. :D

$HOME/cvs/ecos/host/configure
--prefix=$HOME/ecos-tools needed my tcl version, so,
instead, use :

$HOME/cvs/ecos/host/configure
--prefix=$HOME/ecos-tools --with-tcl-version=8.3

Change the file
~/cvs/ecos/host/tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/makefile.gnu

Line 15:
change TCLDIR=TCLDIR_use_system
to TCLDIR=/usr/include/tcl8.3

Line 19:
change (TCLDIR)/include
to (TCLDIR)

Line 25:
remove the -L$(TCLDIR), because libtcl.a is at
/usr/lib.

Then, at command line :
~ # ln -s /usr/lib/libtcl8.3.a /usr/lib/libtcl.a

Now, configtool will compile and link in debian woody
rc3 default install.

For more info on Debian's way to handle TCL :

Would be nice if configtool's problem with LEGACY_PTY
get solved. Maybe I can help, I'll check the code
later. Now I'm pretty busy, need to code some test
cases for edb9301.

Thanks for your help!

 --- John Dallaway <jld@ecoscentric.com> escreveu:
> Hi Daniel
>
> Daniel Gomes wrote:
>
> > I tried to follow the instructions on building the
> > configtools, but looks like it's a little bit
> > outdated. First, there's no "host" directory
> anymore,
> > and things are located (some scattered) at
> > ecos-2.0/tools/src.
>
> The eCosCentric DevZone includes recent instructions
> for building the
> eCos Configuration Tool which you may find useful:
>

> http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml
>
> John Dallaway
> eCosCentric Limited
>
> --