[ECOS] Differences in Processors?

Steve Knowlton sknowlton@custom-mfg-eng.com
Tue Nov 30 22:48:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have an application that works fine on a AT91EB40A eval board. It uses
the Usart0
to output data to HyperTerminal running out of SRAM. It works fine.

I have another board that has a AT91FR40162, which has the same
AT91R40008 core.
The only difference is that it has 2MB of Flash memory although I am
running out
of SRAM after doing a Remap command.

If I load the same program into SRAM on this other board, the LEDs flash
but the
Usart does now seem to work. Interrogating the PIO Status Register
confirms that
the port is set up as a PIO pin and not the peripheral pin.

Why does the eCos serial driver not set up the Usart on this part as it
has the same
core? Does eCos not support the A91FR40162 even although it has the same
core?
Something doesn't make sense about this.

Does anyone have any experience with this part?

Thanks

Steve