[ECOS] Measuring times

Abhi abhi@4961ocean.org
Wed Nov 24 22:03:00 GMT 2004

Hi,
    eCos version: 2.0 + from the CVS
    Host: Linux Redhat 9 2.4.x kernel
    Target: iPAQ
    Redboot: yes (installed & working)
    Sample tests: some simple tests work

    Question:
    I would like to performance benchmark some of the code that I have
written. Are there any helper functions in the sources/tests/examples which
do this. (like a Stats kind of class, which maintains all the values in an
array and then prints out mean/max/min etc...)

    More fundamentally, what functions should I use to measure the elapsed
time between 2 points. Should I use:

cyg_handle_t cyg_real_time_clock(void);
or
cyg_tick_count_t cyg_current_time(void)
or
something else which has better resolution on iPAQ?

Also how do I convert these to seconds/micro-seconds on iPAQ? (i.e get the
wall clock)

thanks
- Abhi