[ECOS] debugging with gdb

dorrontxiki@euskalerria.org dorrontxiki@euskalerria.org
Wed Nov 24 18:14:00 GMT 2004

I have a ARMoid ARMermelator board (AT91M42800A).
I am using gdb for debugging remote programs, using a serial line. I make
the next steps:

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote COM2

I then get an error that is:

     Inappropriate ioctl for device.

I've then tried making the next steps:

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote COM2(gdb)

and I get the next answer:

      Remote debugging using /dev/com2
      Ignoring packet error, continuing...
      Ignoring packet error, continuing...
      Ignoring packet error, continuing...
      Couldn't establish connection to remote target
      Malformed response to offset query, timeout

I cannot find any information in the documentation about
this.

Do you have any idea what these errors means and how to fix them?

Many thanks,

Inigo