[ECOS] x86, redboot & gdb

Jean-François Mullet jf.mullet@arcale.net
Thu Nov 11 17:28:00 GMT 2004

Hello Morris,

I'm using two network boards on the host and the one I'm using to debug the target is only connected to it. I've turned on the network packet debug on the target and except the gdb packets (what I think to be) I cannot see anything else.
I can understand that debug is much slower if many applications are using IP stack at the same time (going to timeout) but in my case I never succeed to connect.

Are you using cygwin ?

JF

-----Message d'origine-----
De : ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org [mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] De la part de Morris Walton
Envoyé : Thursday, November 11, 2004 17:18
À : ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Objet : RE: [ECOS] x86, redboot & gdb

Probably not the exact same problem, but.....

I also see this error with a ppc target.  I think the error is related to
the host because I have noticed that if I turn off all applications on the
host machine, and minimize other network activity, I am less likely to get
the packet errors.  After doing this, I can achieve the transfer w/o error
most of the time, but it's still a nuisance.