[ECOS] Interaction between redboot and eCos application

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Thu Nov 11 16:03:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 07:18:53AM -0800, David Brennan wrote:
> We are having a problem with out application. It is running on i386
> platform with dual 82559 Ethernet devices.
> Redboot is configured for only 1 Ethernet device. Our application is
> configured for both.

Completely wild guess without looking at the code....

Which interface is causing the problem? The first one which is shared,
or the second one which redboot probably knowns nothing about?

> We set a breakpoint in cyg_assert_fail, and get an assert "Bad sc" from
> if_i82559.c line 1955. However, the breakpoint does not fire.

Thats probably because its in the process of handing over the ethernet
device and so in a state where the stub cannot actually use the
ethernet device. Once the call to CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA_SET() is
finished the stub should work again.

The best way to debug these sorts of problems is to use the serial
port for gdb.

        Andrew