[ECOS] RE : [ECOS] Duplicate ARP table entries

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Tue Nov 9 19:57:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 10:14, Arnaud Chataignier wrote:
> I confirm the bug. I see it also frequently, but unfortunately I hadn't
> had time to dig into the problem yet.
>
> What I do as a temporary patch for the moment is to set the ARP entry
> manually on host side, so that it doesn't generate an ARP request. May
> be it can help you for a while...
>
> But for sure this bug needs to be fixed for a use in a real product. I
> woudl appreciate receiving the patch if you find the solution before I
> do.

This can happen if your eCos application uses a different ESA (ethernet
hardware address) than what RedBoot does.  I have seen this - it happens
when the 'fconfig' data isn't set up quite correctly.

> Regards,
> Arnaud.

MLB Associates