[ECOS] redboot scripting additions

David Vrabel dvrabel@arcom.com
Mon Nov 1 09:37:00 GMT 2004

Andrew Dyer wrote:
> Hi, I am interested in adding some things to redboot's command line processing
> to allow a bit more flexibility in scripting  - specifically in
> allowing a user to
> choose between several linux images to boot without having to know the redboot
> syntax for load or the kernel command line syntax for exec.

We use aliases for this here.  i.e., the bootscript looks something like

mount -t jffs2 -f filesystem
load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} %{zimage}
exec -c %{cmdline}

with appropriate aliases:

alias zimage /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.26-blah-blah
alias cmdline "\"console=ttyS0,115200 etc. etc.\""

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom, Clifton Road           Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK         Web: http://www.arcom.com/