[ECOS] serial ports on eCos...

Jani Monoses jani@iv.ro
Fri May 28 08:04:00 GMT 2004

> The name depends on your hardware platform. Generally the device names
> are based on what the label says on the hardware. Read the ecos.ecc

I think it would be nice to have a hw independent naming scheme too. Many
times I tried running the same program on two different platforms one having
ser0 and ser1 while the other ser1 and ser2 and forgetting that ser0 is
invalid on the latter.
Also there can be cases when the app is supposed to run on any ecos platform
without modifications if possible. Admittedly this is not the most
frequent use of ecos but still it'd be nice.

Jani