[ECOS] __mem_fault_handler, RedBoot and no GDB stubs.

David Vrabel dvrabel@arcom.com
Thu May 13 13:29:00 GMT 2004

Gary Thomas wrote:
> David Vrabel said:
>
>>>The ARM should be changed - it seems to be the only architecture which
>>>does not have a line like this:
>>>  hal/sh/arch/current/src/hal_misc.c:externC void* volatile __mem_fault_handler;
>>
>>Presumably, this means RedBoot's exception trapping for commands will
>>only work if GDB stubs are present?
>
> No - it works without the stubs as well (at least on all the architectures
> I've tested)

cyg_hal_exception_handler() in hal/sh/arch/current/src/hal_misc.c just
does a CYG_FAIL if GDB stubs aren't present.  I can't see where it jumps
to RedBoot's error_handler().

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom, Clifton Road           Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK         Web: http://www.arcom.com/