[ECOS] Adding STLport to eCos

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Fri May 7 15:31:00 GMT 2004

Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> fre, 30.04.2004 kl. 12.48 skrev Yuxin Jiang:
>
>>Is the support of STL complete? Does it support string class/locale now?
>

> I didn't think eCos supported unicode/wchar, so it can't be complete.

Yes, eCos has support for wchar, locale and multi-byte support. See the
CYGPKG_LIBC_I18N package. It doesn't support unicode, but that isn't a
requirement for the C++ standard.

Standard eCos also doesn't have all the required libm functions the C++
standard requires, but eCosPro does.

> Also, eCos lacks support for multithreaded exceptions(out of the box).

The eCosCentric eCosPro C++ support has this.

> I've used the string class and iostreams in STLport.

The eCosPro libstdc++ support has the full STL, and every other part of the
C++ runtime support required by the standard. We know it works fully
because the whole libstdc++ testsuite has been imported in fact, as well as
quite a number of extra tests we've added.

Ad over :-).