[ECOS] Re: Question: FAT file system for eCos and Redboot

Savin Zlobec savin@elatec.si
Mon May 3 06:50:00 GMT 2004

Dohun Kim wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I'm a newbie to eCos development. I have read all
>messages in eCos mailling list and found out that
>eCos supports FAT file system on x86 synthetic
>target and somebody tries to support FAT file system
>for Redboot.
>
>1. Is it possible for Redboot to support FAT file system
>for loading application image? If it is possible,
>how can I build Redboot image?

Yes, RedBoot already supports jffs2 and it shouldn't
take much work to support also fatfs.

>2. Is it possible for eCos to support FAT file system
>on x86 motherboard target, not using x86 synthetic target?
>If it is possible, what should I do?

You need to write a device driver. There are two drivers currently in CVS,
the synthetic and one for memory mapped CF - you can start from
there or maybe somebody on the list has already written  an IDE/CF driver.

savin